Create Great Aircraft & Impressive 3D Scenery New Version 3.5
FS Design Studio
version 3.5 is at the same time flight sim friendly and powerful. This
software is the first choice for tens of thousands of Flight Simulation modelers
worldwide and provides an easy way to make professional quality aircraft and
quality 3D scenery that you'll be proud of.
Of the tens of thousands of aircraft available for Flight Simulator, the
overwhelming number of them were made with FS Design Studio. This newest version
adds the latest visual techniques and graphic effects to an already large
repertoire of commands, time-saving shortcuts, and comfortable user interface.
Together they'll let you create any kind of accurate, detailed textured models
at record speed.
FS Design Studio puts an aircraft factory at your fingertips. Now modelers
are able to create even more accurate and great looking aircraft and
"knock-your-socks off" 3D scenery.
New and Improved Features
The man behind FS Design Studio is Louis Sinclair and he has added new
and improved features to the most widely used design tool for Flight Simulator.
Here's some of the features in this new release:
- New FSX
compatiblity. Use XToMDL and BGLComp tools to provide robust FSX feature set
- New FSDS V3
compatiblity. Use MakeMDL to maximize backward modeling capabilities
- New Scenery compatible with FSX
- New Enhanced boolean operations
provide powerful way to cut and split parts
- New Animation capabilities per
- New Support for using specialized
textures: nighttime, lightmaps, more.
- New Export to .x file fomat. For
advanced users who want to "tweak" the .x file for XToMdl and MakeMDL.
- New Aircraft Specification Sheet simplifies setup of
new aircraft for Flight Simulator
- Updated FSDS V2 & V3 compatibility. New version
recognizes and handles earlier file versions.
- Updated Unlimited Undo / Redo. Protects
your model from inadvertent design errors. Roll back each design operation,
- Updated User selectable Autosave interval.
Safeguards your model from computer failure.
- Updated HELP
files with tutorials for making animated scenery.
Made with FS Design Studio
Users around the world rely on FSDS to build some very complex aircraft for
What may be one its hidden secrets is that many thousands of users are also
making very detailed 3D scenery objects using FSDS.
As you can see by Steve Chase's oil rig below, no scenery project is too big
for FSDS to handle. Whether you want to make standalone BGLs or MDLs for adding
to FSX and FS2004-compatible libraries, FSDS can produce them easily and
quickly. FS Design Studio delivers these powerful design features for
creating incredible new models:
- Design using 4-view interface. Simultaneously, you'll see the top, back,
side and a fully movable 3D perspective of your project.
- Zoom in or out on any of the views when you need to perform extremely
- Change the screen and background colors to suit your preference
- Overlay "background" images, for example an outline view of a building
or aircraft to help shape your parts.
- Use any of the predefined "primitive" objects and drop them into your
project to your exacting numerical specifications.
- Change the size and shape of the objects using one or more of the
- Move, rotate or resize any individual part or set of parts in your
projects easily. As you make changes, they are instantly reflected in the
other 3 on screen views.
- Powerful Copy, Paste and Delete commands for manipulating parts and
assemblies (group of parts).
- Switch from part mode to polygon mode for super detailed designs when
it's critical to have the part edges meet perfectly.
- Set display characteristic of the project components using the extensive
- "Paint" your projects using extensive methods for applying textures
including reflective and night time variations.
- Add stock animation such as ailerons, rudder and elevator movement using
- Use key frame animation for advanced motion such as landing gear or
- Use conditional processing tags for projects for which you want to
change the appearance of the model depending on a given state of the
- Create your own reusable parts library. FSDS supports saving and loading
of individual parts.
- Create several types of output. For example, you can convert a flyable
aircraft into a static scenery so you can have "extras" sitting on the
tarmac for added effect.
- Create 3D scenery objects compatible with FSX and FS2004 libraries
- Create projects with multiple models: main external view, virtual
cockpit view, one or more level of detail views, more.
- Powerful boolean operations for 'cutting' windows or doors.
- Autosave protects your projects from computer failure.
- Unlimited undo / redo capability. Protects you from inadvertent design
errors - you can back out changes step by step.
- Sample projects for FSX and FS2004 that you can use as starting point
for your own designs:
- Cessna 152
- Curtis Jenny
- Douglas DC-3
- Dornier DO-335
- F-14 Tomcat
- F/A 18 Hornet
- Short 360
- Ooil rig scenery
- Animated ferris wheel scenery
- Support for materials diffuse color with alpha transparency, ambient
color, specular color, emissive color, specular power
- Advanced texture properties
- Normal mapping with Alpha channel support
- Night version of texture supported
- Reflection Mapped vesion of texture supported. Alpha channel is used as
reflection map rather than transparency.
- Light Mapped version of texture supported
- Large, convenient window for applying texture maps to your projects.
- Texture tiling - for applying multiple copies of a texture to a part.
- Includes extensive online HELP with step-by-step tutorials
4 simultaneous views - essential for detailed design
Myriad of tools let you shape, resize,
Instantly change part characteristics
Use the latest texture technologies
Powerful boolean operations simplfies
For FS2004 and For FSX.