Create Great Aircraft & Impressive 3D Scenery for FS2004
and FSX Version 3.5
FS Design Studio
version 3.5 is at the same time flight sim friendly and
powerful. This software is the first choice for tens of thousands of
Flight Simulation modelers worldwide and provides an easy way to make
professional quality aircraft and quality 3D scenery that you'll be
Of the tens of thousands of aircraft available for Flight Simulator,
the overwhelming number of them were made with FS Design Studio. This
newest version adds the latest visual techniques and graphic effects to
an already large repertoire of commands, time-saving shortcuts, and
comfortable user interface. Together they will let you create any kind
of accurate, detailed textured models at record speed.
FS Design Studio puts an aircraft factory at your fingertips. Now
modelers are able to create even more accurate and great looking
aircraft and "knock-your-socks off" 3D scenery.
New and Improved Features
The man behind FS Design Studio is Louis Sinclair and he has
added new and improved features to the most widely used design tool for
Flight Simulator. Here are some of the features in this new release:
- New FSX
compatibility. Use XToMDL and BGLComp tools to provide robust FSX
- New FSDS
V3 compatiblity. Use MakeMDL to maximize backward modeling capabilities
- New Scenery compatible
with FSX Libraries
- New Enhanced Boolean
Operations provide powerful way to cut and split parts
- New Animation capabilities
per FSX SDKs
- New Support for using
specialized textures: nighttime, lightmaps, more.
- New Export to .x file
fomat. For advanced users who want to "tweak" the .x file for XToMdl
- New Aircraft Specification Sheet simplifies
setup of new aircraft for Flight Simulator
- Updated FSDS V2 & V3 compatibility. New
version recognizes and handles earlier file versions.
- Updated Unlimited Undo / Redo.
Protects your model from inadvertent design errors. Roll back each
design operation, step-by-step.
- Updated User selectable Autosave
interval. Safeguards your model from computer failure.
- Updated HELP
files with tutorials for making animated scenery.
Users around the world rely on FSDS to build some very complex
aircraft for Flight Simulator.
What may be one its hidden secrets is that many thousands of users
are also making very detailed 3D scenery objects using FSDS.
Whether you want to make standalone BGLs or MDLs for adding to FSX
and FS2004-compatible libraries, FSDS can produce them easily and
quickly. FS Design Studio delivers these powerful design
features for creating incredible new models:
- Design using 4-view interface. Simultaneously, you'll see the
top, back, side and a fully movable 3D perspective of your project.
- Zoom in or out on any of the views when you need to perform
extremely detailed work.
- Change the screen and background colors to suit your preference
- Overlay "background" images, for example an outline view of a
building or aircraft to help shape your parts.
- Use any of the predefined "primitive" objects and drop them into
your project to your exacting numerical specifications.
- Change the size and shape of the objects using one or more of the
- Move, rotate or resize any individual part or set of parts in
your projects easily. As you make changes, they are instantly reflected
in the other 3 on screen views.
- Powerful Copy, Paste and Delete commands for manipulating parts
and assemblies (group of parts).
- Switch from part mode to polygon mode for super detailed designs
when it is critical to have the part edges meet perfectly.
- Set display characteristic of the project components using the
extensive "Properties" page.
- "Paint" your projects using extensive methods for applying
textures including reflective and night time variations.
- Add stock animation such as ailerons, rudder and elevator
movement using standard "tags"
- Use key frame animation for advanced motion such as landing gear
or multi-axis parts.
- Use conditional processing tags for projects for which you want
to change the appearance of the model depending on a given state of the
- Create your own reusable parts library. FSDS supports saving and
loading of individual parts.
- Create several types of output. For example, you can convert a
flyable aircraft into a static scenery so you can have "extras" sitting
on the tarmac for added effect.
- Create 3D scenery objects compatible with FSX and FS2004
- Create projects with multiple models: main external view, virtual
cockpit view, one or more level of detail views, more.
- Powerful Boolean Operations for cutting windows or doors.
- Autosave protects your projects from computer failure.
- Unlimited undo / redo capability. Protects you from inadvertent
design errors - you can back out changes step by step.
- Sample projects for FSX and FS2004 that you can use as starting
point for your own designs:
- Cessna 152
- Curtis Jenny
- Douglas DC-3
- Dornier DO-335
- F-14 Tomcat
- F/A 18 Hornet
- Short 360
- Oil rig scenery
- Animated ferris wheel scenery
- Support for materials diffuse color with alpha transparency,
ambient color, specular color, emissive color, specular power
- Advanced texture properties
- Normal mapping with Alpha channel support
- Night version of texture supported
- Reflection Mapped version of texture supported. Alpha channel is used
as reflection map rather than transparency.
- Light Mapped version of texture supported
- Large, convenient window for applying texture maps to your
- Texture tiling - for applying multiple copies of a texture to a
- Includes extensive online HELP with step-by-step tutorials
4 simultaneous views - essential for detailed design
Myriad of tools let you shape,
resize, rotate, ...
Instantly change part characteristics
Use the latest texture technologies
Powerful Boolean Operations
Also available are the Aircraft Design Guides to help you get
started and master all design techniques using FS Design Studio v3.5:
For FS2004 and For FSX.