We love airports that pose a challenge to the pilot. And let's not kid ourselves, not try to be politically correct, let's call them Dangerous Airports. Because they are.
All the airports in this package have their own challenges and their own dangers. We can almost guarantee that your first approach to any of these airports will end up in a missed approach.
Barra Eoligarry Airport (EGPR)
on the Outer Hebrides (Scotland) is just weird, it's a beach, the only airport we know of that is open or closed depending on the tide. You land on sand that might be hard or soft, there might be tidal pool or washed up debris. It even has scheduled flights.
Matekane Air Strip (Lesotho)
is located on a mountain top, pretty high and most of the year pretty hot so density altitude is a major factor. But when you run out of runway you can drop a few thousand feet before crashing into the river below. Used by the Flying Doctors it is a most bewildering air strip.
Burnsville, North Carolina (2NC0) is also a mountain airport, but where Matekane has miles of nothing around it Mountain Air is cramped and you park almost on the runway. It also got a sloped runway and rather nasty gusts of wind most of the time. Getting the approach right is not easy.
- High resolution mesh
- High resolution ground images
- Three airports included
- Extensive manual (with all available charts and a section on high altitude operation)
- Innovative animation at Mountain Air
- Sloped runways
- Challenging takeoffs and approaches
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition)
- Windows XP, Windows VISTA, Windows 7 (fully updated)
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU (Core 2 Quad advised) or equivalent
- 2 GB RAM
- Direct X 9 compatible Graphics Card with minimal 512 MB
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 8 minimal to read and print the manual (1)
- Download-Size: 750 MB
- Installation-Size: 900 MB