The T-28D is an addon aircraft for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X with either Service Pack 2 or Acceleration.
The T-28 was initially created as a two seat trainer for the US Air Force with the first aircraft flying in 1949. The aircraft had a short production run with the last new T-28 delivered in 1958. The original A model had a miserly 800 horsepower, 7 cylinder radial engine and a two bladed prop. The Navy became interested in the aircraft and ordered 491 B models which had the considerably more powerful 1425 horsepower Wright Cyclone R-1820-86 9 cylinder engine. The C model followed a few years later and this was modified with a tail hook for carrier operation. A shorter prop was installed on the C to prevent prop strike. Some of the original A models were modified with a larger engine and became the D model. These D models saw combat in various regions around the world.
This aircraft is based upon the T-28D "Huff 'n' Puff" from Warbird Aviation at Archerfield. The aircraft has a 1,425 horsepower 9 cylinder Wright Cyclone radial engine with typical cruise speeds from 180 to 200 kts. Climb rates can approach 4000 fpm.
- Native FSX model
- Incredibly detailed model with full animations and completely clickable virtual cockpit
- Silky smooth 3D gauges
- Two different models. DUAL model contains front and rear cockpits. SOLO model contains front cockpit only for better framerates.
- Lovely 3D style landing lights
- Fully adjustable interior panel lighting with individually switchable lights and intensity
- Original period radio sets (modern transponder and autopilot available as 2D popups only)
- 7 liveries
- Genuine thumping radial engine sounds
- Open canopy wind noise
- Individual sounds for switches knobs etc.
- Custom engine start routine for realistic engine starts (auto start also available)
- Two-speed supercharger correctly modelled
- Animations for wheel chocks and pitot covers
- Animated pilot and copilot models which can be displayed or hidden
- Realistic Prop Torque Effect for better flight dynamics
- In game Animation Manager for setting program preferences
- Paintkit available
- Demo version available to check performance on your system (visit www.antsairplanes.com)
- Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2, Acceleration or FSX Gold.
- Windows XP SP3, Vista or 7
- Approx 373 MB free hard drive space
This is an addon aircraft for Microsoft's Flight Simulator X SP2. You therefore need either Microsoft's Flight Simulator X with Service Pack 2, Acceleration or FSX Gold (which includes Acceleration). The aircraft will not work with FSX RTM or SP1. The Trojan is a considerably detailed aircraft and therefore places a large load on your computer. I can only recommend that you download the demo version to test the performance of the T-28D on your sytem. The demo is exactly the same as the full version and will give an accurate indication of how well the full version will work on your system. Version 1.1 fixes the following bugs/errors:
- Updated attitude indicator pitch indicator
- Changed cockpit utility light effect location
- Changed ADF to select by 0.1 in frequency range 200-400hz
- Reduced specular power to avoid washout.
- Updated Avionics switch to always be on to resolves some radio issues
- Updated exterior texture issue with rear cockpit in Solo version in DX10 preview mode
- Updated ToolTip display for rudder setting in 2D trim panel popup
- Added default ADF radio to Transponder/Autopilot 2D popup
- Improved prop disk texture
- Changed wing tip vapor trail effect