When the Fw190A had it's debut over the channel front by late summer of 1941,
it came as a shock to the British RAF pilots. This fast and extremely
maneuverable new German fighter outclassed their Spitfire Mk V in any respect.
The business-like yet powerful lines of the Fw190 would rule the skies over
Europe for the year to come, remaining competitive in it's various
reincarnations for the duration of the war.
Included in this Flight Simulator X Add-on package are renditions of the four
early production variants of the WW II Luftwaffe's second major fighter
aircraft, the Focke Wulf Fw 190 A-1, A-2, A-3 and A-4 and a special high
altitude modification, the Fw190A-4/U7.
The package consists of 9 different model variations and 34 liveries, some of
which have never been done before for a flight simulation, beautifully
recreating the early operational history of this legendary German fighter
Each variant has a unique 3d virtual cockpit with fully operable and working 3d
instrumentation, re-creating German period micro mechanics in a depth never
before seen in a Flight Simulation.
The flight physics for each aircraft are captured uniquely, making full use of
Flight Simulator's advanced 6DoF aerodynamic equations, including accurately
modeled coupled Moments of Inertia calculations, giving the virtual pilot a
distinct sensation of flying in air.
This new Version 2.0 implements all the new features and improvements from
our award-winning Fw190A - late variants package. Please uninstall all previous
1.x version of the early variants before installing Version 2.0. Also take note
of the updated system requirements.
New to Version 2.0:
* Multilingual installation English/German.
* Exterior model and texture improvements. New higher detail nose art
* Entirely new high resolution cockpit textures and improved interior
modeling. New application to allow for even higher interior texture resolution.
* Improved system modeling (check handbook "Specific Operation Procedures").
* "Just Fly" utility disables/enables custom failure modeling and advanced
fuel management as per user choice.
* Radios now functional from within the 3d-Cockpit
* Custom cockpit sounds for all buttons and levers.
* 9 highly detailed FSX-native exterior and interior models,
* 34 historical exterior liveries in 2048 pixel high resolution textures
supporting bloom, specular, bump mapping and self shadowing.
* Option to use extremely detailed 4096 pixel interior textures, configurable
using an external texture manager application.
* Unique flight physics for each sub variant, highly accurate real world
physics based flight modeling provided by AvHistory, created using
AvHistory.org's USAF DATCOM based 1% Aerodynamics, Stability and Control
aircraft development software.
* Custom engine damage and aircraft system modeling.
* Drop tank and bomb payload.
* Highly detailed and fully functional virtual 3d cockpit
* Detailed and accurate set of German 3d gauges.
Working reflector gun sight.
* Custom tailored engine and cockpit sounds.
* Scalable realism using the "Just Fly" utility.
* Separate performance-optimized AI aircraft.