The A318 is the smallest airliner in the Airbus family and is flown on short to medium length routes with low passenger density.
Developed in-house by Just Flight's expert designers exclusively for FSX, the A318 Jetliner is part of the acclaimed F-Lite series and features accurate and detailed exterior textures and a virtual cockpit modelling a custom-programmed MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit).
The CFM56 engine type is modelled in this pack along with a high quality FSX sound cone style CFM 56 engine sound set.
Just Flight's F-Lite range of aircraft is designed to provide top quality aircraft that are extremely high in detail but less demanding to fly than today's most complex procedural simulators. These aircraft are a significant step up from the default Flight Simulator aircraft in terms of modelling and cockpit systems, but won't require weeks of study before you can get airborne!
- Dedicated FSX design.
- Highly detailed exterior model
- High-quality interactive 3D VC (Virtual Cockpit)
- Custom-coded MCDU (Multifunction Control Display Unit)
- Custom flight dynamics with all fuel and weight stations based on actual A318 references
- High-fidelity CFM56 engines sound set with FSX style sound cones.
- Option for showing the wings from the interior view (wingview)
- A great set of bump maps to give a more realistic 3D feeling to the liveries, and a Specular map to give realistic light effect on the aircraft
- Comprehensive manual including flight tutorial
Two airline liveries in super-resolution:
- British Airways G-EUNA (CFM 56 engines)
- Air France F-GUGC (CFM 56 engines)
- Cargo doors
- Passenger doors linked to FSX airport Jetway animations
- Realistic thrust reverser animation
- Engine fans
- Rotating wheels
- Nosewheel steering
- Extending landing lights
- Fully animated control surfaces - flaps, rudder, elevators, spoilers, leading edge slats, spoilerons
- Special effects - engine start smoke, touchdown tyre smoke effects, fire/sparks from the rear underbelly when you over-rotate
- Highly detailed texture mapping which doesn't compromise frame rates
- DX10 preview compatible
- Layered paint kit included to help you create your own liveries (suitable additional paint program such as PhotoShop required)
- Bump mapping
- Specular maps
- Night maps
Panel and VC features
- Red anti-collision beacon
- White flashing wingtip strobe lights
- Coloured wing tip and tail Navigation lights
- Cockpit light
- Tail logo light
- Passenger windows lighting
- Landing lights that illuminate the runway
- Custom built Virtual Cockpit with mouse clickable operations
- Overhead, Throttle Quadrant and Radio panels
- Custom coded Flight Management Guidance system
MCDU (Multipurpose Control Display Unit)
- Uses the default FSX payload and fuel editor for ease of use and reliability
- Uses the default FSX flight planner and Navigation Log for accurate flight/fuel planning
- Use of the SIDs and STARs in the Microsoft Flight Simulator database
- Radio and Navigation frequency entry
- V-speed calculation
- 'Direct to' waypoint features
- Progress display
- Estimated fuel on board, and more.
A318 Jetliner has a custom-coded MCDU to assist you with functionality that many flight simmers miss on the default FSX A321 aircraft.
- Flight Plan pages: load and activate pre-made FSX flight plans without having to leave the cockpit, track the route, get an overview about distances and arrival times to the next waypoint en route and your destination
- Modify your route and save it
- Cockpit Navigator pages - easily switch (open/hide) panels via the MCDU
- Checklist pages -access the A318 checklists and work them off with MCDU help, showing you matches/mismatches between required checklist items and current aircraft settings. Only when all aircraft settings match the checklist requirements will the checklist be completed and closed
- Aircraft/flight status page, showing date/time, coordinates and some general aircraft information at a glance (flaps status, gear status, fuel status, lights etc.)
- The MCDU can hold two flight plans, one active and one standby. You can have an active and a standby flight plan loaded at the same time, so that you have an alternate route in case you need to change plans. With both flight plans you can add and remove waypoints.
- Flight Simulator X (SP2 and Direct X 10 preview compatible)
- 2.5GHz PC or any Dual Core
- 512Mb RAM
- 128Mb graphics card
- Windows 7, Vista or XP