Updated November 20th, 2018 - Includes Version 2.1
If you own either the Drzewiecki Design EPPK Krakow Balice 2012 or 2012 X, you can upgrade to this Version 2 FOR FREE by entering the coupon code DZDKRAKV2UP upon checkout. In order for this coupon code to work, you MUST have the qualifying product in your order history. Be sure to verify the coupon has been applied before completing your order because adjustments and refunds are not available once the order has been completed
EPKK Krakow X is a highly detailed scenery of EPKK John Paul II International Airport in Kraków (Cracow), Poland. This product is compatible with FSX-based platforms.
Krakow, also spelled Cracow, is the second largest and one of the oldest cities in Poland. Situated on the Wis?a (Vistula) River in the Lesser Poland region, the city dates back to the 7th century. Kraków was the official capital of Poland until 1596 and has traditionally been one of the leading centers of Polish academic, economic, cultural and artistic life. Cited as one of Europe's most beautiful cities, its Old Town was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It began as a hamlet on Wawel Hill and was already being reported as a busy trading center of Slavonic Europe in 965. With the establishment of new universities and cultural venues at the emergence of the Second Polish Republic in 1918 and throughout the 20th century, Kraków reaffirmed its role as a major national academic and artistic center. The city has a population of approximately 760,000, with approximately 8 million additional people living within a 100 km (62 mi) radius of its main square.
Krakow John Paul II International Airport (IATA: KRK, ICAO: EPKK) is an international airport located near Kraków, in the village of Balice, 11 km (6.8 mi) west of the city center, in southern Poland. It is the second busiest airport of the country in terms of the volume of passengers served annually.
The airport opened for civil aviation in 1964. The Balice airport was a military site until 28 February 1968. Four years later the first passenger terminal was built there.
Krakow Airport is the second busiest airport in the country after Warsaw Chopin Airport. The airport has good growth prospects, as almost 8 million people live within 100 km (62 mi) of it. The airport also has a favorable location on the network of existing and planned motorways in this region of Poland, but it faces stiff competition from the nearby Katowice International Airport in Pyrzowice, as well as other Polish airports.
Krakow Airport is equipped with the ILS, NDB, and DVOR navigation systems. In the direction 25, an ALPA-ATA cat. II approach lighting system with flashing lights installed. In the direction 07, there is a simplified IDMAN approach lighting system. The airport apron equals 90,000 m2 and currently provides space for 19 C-code aircrafts. In accordance with the ICAO standards, the Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting services provide Category Eight in terms of airport rescue and firefighting protection.
Krakow Airport as a facility is used by both military and civil aviation. The 8th Aviation Transport Base in Kraków-Balice is intended for securing and carrying out air transport tasks in favor of military units of the Polish Armed Forces and for the Polish Military Contingents. The Base uses two types of airplanes: CASA C-295M developed in Spain and Polish-built M28B/PT/GC, a derivative of Antonov 28.
The product will be automatically added to the Flight Simulator Scenery Library. Our installer provides you additional optional features during install. To select different options, simply run the installer again. Uninstall instructions are provided in the manual. SimObject Display Engine (SODE) is required for this product to be installed.
New in version 2
- High quality scenery of EPKK Kraków airport
- Photoreal Kraków city with landmarks and autogen
- Up-to-date (2019) airport layout, detailed markings
- SODE jetways, custom animations and automatic seasonal changes
- Highly realistic, user-controllable airport lighting
- 3D people, ground vehicles, optional static aircraft
- Dedicated P3Dv4 features (optional dynamic lighting)
- Updated 2019 airport ground layout (built from scratch) with very detailed markings
- All new buildings and structures added including the new terminal area, the new train station, new hangars, new buildings around the airport etc.
- All scenery objects remapped and reexported to ensure best visual quality and performance
- New optional static aircraft created and inserted
- Detailed runway 25 approach terrain and lighting height modeled after the Precision Approach Terrain Chart
- Additional city buildings and bridges added as well as the new autogen for a significant part of the area
- SODE animations, seasonal switching, animated jetways and the very new lighting system with user-controlled conditional lights
- Dynamic Lighting in P3Dv4
EPKK Krakow X v2 is compatible with all Drzewiecki Design products, all ORBX products, all PILOT'S products and all Megascenery products. It is not compatible with other products featuring included airports.
Changes In Version 2.1 Include
- rwy 25 horizontal markings fixed
- enhanced apron night lighting
- new glass material features added on textures
- automatic airport lighting now also depends on visibility and precipitation
- native P3Dv4 ground poly with reflection effects and wet surfaces during rain