Note: This title does NOT YET work in P3D v4.4. An update is expected shortly to make it P3D v4.4 compatible. It will work with P3D v4.3.
This is the advanced concept 'Proton Stingrey' flying wing aircraft featuring advanced technologies in electric propulsion, quantum and solar energy charging management, new User Interface designs in instrumentation screen technology as well as a voice 'talking' feedback system; an artificial AI named 'Stinger'.
The package is utterly an explosion of a game-pack addon, featuring 30 different themes that include interior variations as well as exterior theme designs, including 4 themes from the WWII era! The 3 onboard computer screens feature over a dozen different wallpaper backgrounds. A huge amount of special sounds and alarms and dings that increase the environment of your flight experience. The voice callbacks of operations and warnings, the elaborate graphics and system UI interface, is mind boggling!
Your package comes with 3 versions of the Stingrey, from the standard model 'RG' or 'Retractable Gear' model, to the 'FG' or 'Fixed Gear' Economy model, (less weight, slightly slower, more rugged), and lastly, the Amphibian model featuring floats for water landings that are fitted with retractable landing gear.
There is a nice manual that comes with the package. It is a rather large download and will have a big footprint on your simulator. We are talking 30 planes each of the FG and RG models, and 4 versions (themes) of the Floatplane version. That is a ton of planes and graphics. You are warned. This is another LHC 'Mega Pack' in the true meaning of 'Mega'!
'Project Syros' is a study for a mixed 'Flying Wing' and 'Lifting Body' aircraft design that would be both a modern day (future) Bush plane that would need short take-off and landing zones (STOL) and also able to do aerobatics and possibly air racing.
The design has roots in historic aircraft design history in the Chance Voight V-173 'Flying Flapjack' (flying saucer) and also the Arup aircraft. These were proven aircraft with much time on their air frames in actual flights and even production status (Arup had made many versions and an air racer was derived later from them).
So was born the Syros. At the bottom of this webpage are some concept renderings showing the design phase of this project.
The 'Aeroshell' is 'discoidal' or spherical, like a flying saucer, but having a flattened arc or rounded front edge, similar to an Arup aircraft, but with more curve. Coming up with nice paint schemes at first is daunting for a 'flying saucer'. But I gradually got into it and came up with some stylish lines.
- AI Voice System named Stinger
- Electrical Propulsion system based on modern technologies including a Quantum APU charger system by Searl Technologies of the UK
- Totally new, fresh, high technology glass panel system complete with GPS system
- 31 Different paint schemes and interior themes
- Front and Rear Opening Canopies
- Vent Windows that open
- 4K High resolution textures where needed
- New Electric propulsion sound pack
- Petrol version sound pack for the vintage WWII version planes
- Retractable landing gear version (RG)
- Fixed Gear version (FG)
- Float Plane 'Amphibian' version
- Extremely docile flight programming module
- Includes a 2D Panel view
- Belly landings possible if done gently when in the RG model
- Race Plane variants with fantastic paint schemes and matched interior layouts
- Plane white version interior supplied as well
- Music System
- Background ATC chatter
- Solar Skin and Searl APU Charger systems can drop in power boosts 'when running' which keep your craft charged up in flight
- High detail pilot
- STOL (short take off and landing) wing system that aims the fans (props) upwards to aid Bush type take-offs
- Capable of unique flat turns that are done by use of spoilers in the back and single sided prop feathering by the flight computer
- 400 Nautical Mile range at 75% throttle when not using the onboard Searl generators or Solar Skin system
- 208 Knots 'max cruise' speed
- 180 Knots 'economy cruise' speed
- Flight Simulator
- Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Lockheed Martin Prepar3D
- v4.3 (Does not work with P3D v4.4. Update is expected soon for P3D v4.4)